March is upon us once again. How the summer does fly by like a dream. This month we are visiting a village underneath a mountain, hidden from all but those who know of this magical and secret place. You will tell tales of preparing for the harvest festival that these smaller people (you may wish to name them something else) will attend at the village in the valley. You will tell tales of how they live in this special place, about their little beds carved from stone and their soft and cozy blankets that they snuggle up in. You will tell tales about how they swim and bathe in the warm pool in the center of the cavern and the precious gems retrieved from the rock even further below the earth.
• Name the village under the mountain.
• Name and describe details about specific people.
• What animals live in the village or nearby?
• What is the terrain and the climate in the area?
• Is it damp inside the mountain? Warm and humid?
• What smells are here? Does the warm water coming from within the earth smell like sulfur?
• What noises will one hear here? The fountain in the middle of the pool? Birds who come in through the holes in the roof? The people's voices - I imagine when they sing it sounds magnificent!
And so much more to talk about and tell stories about.